I can’t help but sit here and laugh at everything that college has thrown at me and it has not even been a week since I have been here. I am incredibly blessed with the start of wonderful friendships and an experience that is going to change my life.
I’ve been attending Oklahoma State University for a total of 5 days and here are the funny things that have already happened:
1. I’ve fallen in front of about 45 people casually walking into the student union.
2. I’ve lost my student ID for a total of 30 minutes and it was horrible.
3. I’ve walked onto the wrong floor of my building countless times. Sincere apologies to room 617. (oops)
4. I’ve sat through an entire meeting for the WRONG thing and it took me about 20 minutes to realize it. (and I totally did the, “oh my word. I think I’m in the wrong meeting.” and I did the quiet shuffle out the door) ((p.s. always make sure you have the right times for meetings, because what I felt was awkwardness and that just, yeah))
5. I’ve gotten lost in Stillwater close to 15-20 times (on and off campus and I’m not even sure how that is even possible.) At one point I was so lost, I’m pretty sure I was out of Stillwater and Siri didn’t even know where I was.
6. I’ve almost died getting on the sketchy elevators that like to close a milli second after they open and it’s like a marathon to get off those things. And I really wish I was exaggerating but, I’m not.
7. I’ve also met close to 100 people in the past 5 days and I always thought I was great at knowing names, but I guess only having a handle full of people in my graduating class meant that I really only had to know about 73 names and I had 14 years compared to 5 days. LOL I stink at knowing people’s names. I have also received so many new cell phone numbers from new friends that I have no clue who is who and it’s real odd.
And through every awkward moment I am reminded I am exactly where I need to be. I am incredibly blessed to be able to attend Oklahoma State University. I know this is exactly where God has placed me and I couldn’t be more excited to see what the future holds. I am constantly reminded of the verse in Jeremiah, “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.” and that’s found in Jeremiah 29:11
God knows the plans and I know he holds my story. And I’m so excited that His plans led me to Oklahoma State University. Here’s to many more awkward moments, exciting times, and lifetime full of memories.